Tuesday 17 January 2012

SS12 Trends

Last week the girls and I did a presentation at uni discussing The Global and UK Fashion Industries. Part of the assignment was the discussion of SS12 trends! This was my fave part, we got creative and created some mood boards reflecting each trend. Below are the WSGN mood boards where we got all our inspiration from: 

  • Underwater 
  • Cracked Metallics
  • Sweets
  • Textured Contours
  • Block Colours 
  • Idiomatic Youth (SS13)







In addition to WGSN these trends have been showcased on the catwalks of many designers. Below are my two fave trends (Underwater and Metallics) through the eyes of the designers: 

Firstly, Underwater, was showcased by numerous designers, these include Alexander McQueen, Louis Vuitton, Holly Fulton and Versace. 


I love the colours involved in the underwater trend. Silvers, Corals, Blues and Turquoises mixed together with chiffons, sequins and pearls give an overall luxurious and expensive feel to the look. 

Make-up is minimalistic with wet look hair (which I don't think will translate to the high street very well!!) and pearl hair pieces. GORGEOUS. 

Then, Cracked Metallics, a collection I really like is the SS12 Diesel Black Gold one. Its quite futuristic and a different take on the metallic trend. Its deffo inspired me to wear more metallics! I've even bought a pair of red metallic jeans (on Fantasy Shopper, which is totally addictive!) and I might brave it in reality!!! 

Here is a look at it: 



Yesterday I bought a metallic jumper, similar to the one in the picture above. It was a total bargain at £7 from H&M. 

I think Metallics and Underwater inspired are going to be huge for 2012, except to see lots of mermaids! :) 

Love Lexie XXX


No comments:

Post a Comment